PRODUCTS | BIOGAS CONDITIONING
H2S Scrubber – Biological
Cleaner less corrosive gas
Increased engine life
Ideal for high gas flows
Biological H2S scrubbers are suitable for use on sites with high gas flows and H2S content.
Consumables: Effluent/water, electricity, nutrients
Discharge: Wastewater (potential fertilizer)
The acid resistant scrubbing tanks are packed with AWT BIOROCK™ media. A liquid nutrient is added and sprayed across the media. The temperature of the tank is maintained at 35-50 degrees centigrade.
We create the perfect environment for sulphur oxidation bacteria to grow and multiply. Once the biogas passes upwards through the tanks, the hydrogen sulphide (H2S) is converted to sulphate through a series of oxidations.
AWT Biorock™ features include:
- stable and inert – for long life (20 years);
- light and strong – ideal for deep beds;
- high porosity and surface area – ideal for biological growth;
- stone voidage allows continual irrigation, ensuring the biomass is fully wetted for peak performance;
- >99% H2S and mercapatan removal at steady loading is achievable.
In some cases it’s possible to utilise effluent or liqours, seperated from the digested sludge, as a wetting media. However, it must be free from particles and not contain any chemicals.